Against Crime (BeBAC)
The Bedford Businesses Against Crime partnership is operated by BedfordBID.
Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
We work in partnership with:
- Bedfordshire Police Service
- Bedford Borough Council
- Community Crime Partnership
A secure, BedfordBID members-only application and website, for both day and evening economy businesses.
This is password and pin protected for greater security.
It’s easy to access via desktop, laptop and smart mobile devices.
It is compliant with 2018 GDPR legislation.
What does this bring to BID businesses?
- An easier, more efficient way of circulating information on ‘undesirables’
- Greater access to police intel on known offenders for businesses
- It gives BID businesses a platform to monitor and escalate incidents involving prolific new offenders who are not known to the police.
- Allows the sharing and reporting back of updates and alerts to its Members directly.
- To empower businesses, and promote collaborative working, by enhancing users knowledge of prolific offenders.
- To provide the ability for members to detect & deter retail crime in their premises.
- To reduce retail crime, through the sharing of intelligence & reporting of incidents within BedfordBID businesses.
- To provide workable intel to the Police, in relation to Retail Crime & antisocial behaviour.
- To collate evidence, assisting with prosecution & the issuance of alternative powers including CPW/ CPN/ CBO’s.
For more information about the scheme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org